Monday, May 28, 2007

I'm Back

I'm Back!!!
And getting ready for another stretch of work nights, so I thought I should post for this week.
First off, let me thank everyone who left such kind comments about this blog. It always makes one feel so good when people say such nice things! BTW, Susan the butterfly pattern is at www.stitchingcards.com/section.php?xSec=5
I feel that I was rather lazy this week, but I guess I did a few things. I have several WIPS that I hope to post pictures of next week. I am working on Cobi's block for the "On Wings of Beauty" RR and I have Lori's block waiting in the wings. Both of them came at once, so Angela and I are trading off on doing the stitching.

Works completed this week:
Yes, more paper piecing, I am doing some brown and blue ones to make pillows for my daughter Amala.
These are blocks from patterns by Carol Doak. I love her patterns. In fact I used her fish and boat pattern for Julie's block in the CYOT RR.
This one is called the Night and Day Star Flower:
This one is called the North Dakota Star:
And this one is called Y2K: (don't look at how awful the middle seams line up, a perfect excuse to crazy quilt)
Another finished project is my first bag. I loved this tote bag pattern. The pattern is Butterick B5006. I plan to make one of those roll -up purse organizers for the inside of this bag. I found a free pattern on the internet for one.Here is a sample of an Assisi pattern that I did. I got the pattern from a cross stitch magazine. I have about a gazillion years worth of cross stitch magazines here in the house.
Close up of the same piece:
Garden update:
Here at 7,000 feet we are way behind most of the country when it comes to gardening. Our season starts late and ends soon. We are lucky if we get 100 days of gardening weather. When the garden looks more up I will take you there.
I have a collection of sedums, this one is Autumn Joy:
The gooseberries are growing now, and the birds sure are glad.
Lastly, the Veronica is up and blooming:
We have a new puppy at our house:
TTFN! See you next week.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for the link! I downloaded the directions. You were busy this week! I really like that North Dakota Star, but I hate paper piecing, so I'll just admire yours. =)

Maria del Valle said...

What beautiful eyes!! I enjoy the pictures and your work, thank you for sharing it

Maria del Valle
http://alarttex.wordpress.com/