Sunday, May 20, 2007

Good News!

In the mail I received my baggies from the baggie exchange round robin. I received such beautiful things! Thank you Lori, Janie, Kathy and Hideko, I LOVE EVERYTHING!!!




Just got off a couple days of work. So its time to update.
As I mentioned in my previous post I have been doing a lot of paper piecing, and much to my amazement, I like it.

Some of these will go on my daughter Angela's quilt, while the rest ?????? But they are fun to make, so I imagine that I will have lots of them around.
Angela and I are sewing partners this year. We are each working on a crazy quilt, hers is a pink and green theme, with butterflies and roses, while mine is mostly blues with everything. See the aforementioned, "The Sampler".
We are also doing some machine sewing, Angela has made her very first garment ever, and she amazed herself, as she never thought that she would be able to sew.

The block I am working on this week is for Angela's quilt:
Garden Update:
Blooming this week are honeysuckle, lilacs, daisies, and bachelor buttons:



Lastly, I picture of my young pup:
TTFN!!!

4 comments:

Gail said...

Isn't it fun to get these baggies, looks like yours are full of wonderful things

Jane said...

Hi Carroll, Your blog is great,excellent pics! I will mark you in my favs; Your Grandson is adorable and I love the quilt sampler your daughter and you are making,, That is a great idea... see you round the bronze robin. Jane

annetteb said...

Your blog is great I love the crazy quilt and the close ups. Thanks for sharing. Cheers Annette

Susan said...

Great baggies! What a beautiful GS, too. The flowers are gorgeous. Congrats to Angela on her skirt. Looks good! Love the fabric she picked.

That butterfly in your current block, the one in the middle? That's fabulous! I may have to steal that idea. =)