Thursday, May 17, 2007

Long time, no blog

Obviously, I have been busy since I started this blog. Life got in the way again !

Seems like there is never enough time in a day. I posted some photos of the kanzashi butterflies I have been working on.

I have been real busy exploring different techniques. A little beading, a little (actually a lot) of paper piercing, some BDE, and for the first time in decades I have a working sewing machine.

Works finished:
1 baby afghan (no picture) gave it away as a gift,
2 sets of PJ's for that grandson of mine,
1 quick quilt for that grandson of mine,
2 finished blocks for Angela's quilt,
a gazillion paper piecing quilt squares,
an afghan for my daughter,
a needle book,
and 2 blocks for a couple round robins I am in with my yahoo CQ for newbies group.

Works in progress:
the sampler quilt (I call it that because it is a crazy quilt that I practice all my TAST stitches on and my machine embroidery also),
a crocheted star afghan for my grandson,
and a tote bag
This is a picture of Lori's block for the "On Wings of Beauty" round robin. It was fun to work on. I practiced my BDE and beading on this one.











And these are pictures of Julie's block for the "CYOT" round robin. I practiced my paper piecing on this one. She said her daughter liked fishing and for some reason I knew instantly what I was going to do. I know that the block is not the usual CQ type block. But I liked the boat and the fish and did them anyway.







Seems like all these buttons were just sitting in my button box waiting for this square!












One of the paper piecing fish, more buttons and you can see a couple of crochet motifs here.












Another paper pieced fish, more buttons, and some embroidery stitched I learned in TAST.












A paper pieced boat with some more of those buttons, some beading, and another TAST stitch.












Here is a picture of the quick quilt I made for my grandson... Did this all as as 1 piece topper with some quick and widely spaced cross hatching.











And I will finish up for today with a picture of my grandson after helping his grandpa with fencing.

2 comments:

Angela Rose said...

Way to go mum. I love your work. I never thought that you would be a blogger. lol

Susan said...

Oh, you've been busy! Love the little ships and fish. Those K. butterflies are wonderful looking.