Saturday, June 16, 2007

Time off

Took this last week off from work. Sometimes a person just needs to get away for awhile. I even took off from the housework!
Started teaching our middle daughter (Amala) to sew. Will post pics when we are a little further along. Love that Janome machine!!
I also started organizing my sewing stash. Found some UFO's, so I spent most of the week finishing those up. One was a thread crochet doily:
Finished up a cross stitch kit for Angela (I added the crown instead of the dog that was on the pattern, so it looks a little off):
Also started my blackwork cross stitch project. Here is my progress so far:
I spent some time out in the garden planting. The last average day for frost is June 15th here in Flagstaff, so hopefully the plants will not freeze now.
Here is a bee on some russian yarrow:Penstemons:
A rose:

Snow in summer:Sweet peas:
And a torch lily:
A poplar and some roses:
And lastly a lesson learned early, "A penny saved......"

No comments: